What's in This Guide?
To wash an electric blanket, first remove it from the bed and unplug it. Then fold the blanket in half and put it into a large, front-loading washing machine. Add a mild detergent and set the machine to the delicate cycle.
Wash the blanket on its own, without any other clothes or items. Once it has finished washing, dry the blanket on low heat or air dry.
- Unplug the electric blanket from the outlet
- If your electric blanket has a detachable cord, remove it
- Check the label on your electric blanket for washing instructions
- Most electric blankets can be washed in a regular cycle in your washing machine using cold water and mild detergent
- However, some blankets may require that you hand wash them or dry clean them instead
- Place the electric blanket in the washing machine and set it to a gentle cycle using cold water
- Add a mild detergent to the machine as well
- Allow the blanket to air dry completely before using it again or storing it away for winter
How to Wash Electric Blanket in Front Loader
It’s no secret that front load washers can save you a lot of time and energy. But did you know that they can also save your electric blanket? That’s right, by washing your electric blanket in a front load washer, you can keep it clean and fresh without all the hassle.
2. Next, remove all the bedding from your electric blanket including any pillowcases or fitted sheets. 3. Once everything is removed, give the electric blanket a good shake to loosen any dirt or debris. 4. Now it’s time to set up your front load washer for the perfect cycle.
Select the delicate cycle and set the water temperature to cool or warm—never hot!—and use a mild detergent such as Woolite® Fabric Wash . 5-6 oz) .
You may also want to add in a fabric softener like Downy Unstopables™ IN-WASH SCENT BOOSTER BEADS ( 4 tsp) . 5. Finally, simply place your electric blanket into the washer tub and let ‘er rip! Let the cycle finish and then carefully transfer your now-clean electric blanket to the dryer on low heat or air dry if possible.
Done and done!
Can You Wash an Electric Blanket in the Washing Machine?
Yes, you can wash an electric blanket in the washing machine. You will need to use the delicate cycle and cold water. It is important to make sure that the blanket is not wet before you put it in the dryer.
You should also use a low heat setting when drying your electric blanket.
Can You Put an Electric Blanket in the Dryer?
Yes, you can put an electric blanket in the dryer. However, there are some things to keep in mind. First, make sure that the blanket is not wet.
Second, use a low heat setting and remove the blanket from the dryer while it is still slightly damp.
How Do You Deep Clean an Electric Blanket?
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t give much thought to cleaning your electric blanket. But if you want it to last for years and continue providing you with cozy warmth on chilly nights, it’s important to clean it regularly. Here’s how to deep clean an electric blanket:
1. Unplug the blanket and remove any detachable parts, such as the control unit. 2. Vacuum the surface of the blanket to remove dust and debris. 3. Spot clean any stains using a mild detergent and a damp cloth.
Be sure to rinse the area thoroughly afterwards. 4. If your blanket is machine-washable, wash it on a gentle cycle in cool water. Otherwise, hand wash it in a tub or sink using cool water and mild detergent.
5. Hang or lay your blanket out to dry completely before storing or using it again.
How to Wash an Electric Blanket Safely | Clean With Confidence
Washing an electric blanket is easy and only takes a few minutes. Begin by unplugging the blanket and removing any detachable parts, such as the control unit. Most electric blankets can be machine-washed on a gentle cycle using cool water, but check your manufacturer’s instructions to be sure.
Add a mild detergent to the wash water. After washing, line-dry the blanket or tumble-dry it on low heat. Never wring out an electric blanket, as this could damage the heating elements.