What's in This Guide?
Throw blankets are one of the most versatile pieces of furnishing an outdoor space. They’re cozy, they’re weatherproof, and they can add a touch of luxury to any outdoor seating area. Throw blankets are also ridiculously easy to make, which is why we wanted to share our favorite tips for throwing a throw blanket. Whether you’re planning to make one for yourself or give one as a gift, these tips will help you get started. And don’t forget—a good throw blanket is a great way to enjoy the outdoors all winter long!
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
-A throw blanket
How to Throw a Blanket
If you’re looking for a cozy place to curl up in during the cold weather, a throw blanket is an ideal option. Here are five tips for throwing a blanket:
1. Decide on the size and shape of your blanket. A large, circular blanket is perfect for snuggling up in, while a square one is good for covering part of the floor.
2. Plan where you’ll be using your blanket. If you’ll be using it in your living room, choose a fabric with a soft feel; if you plan to use it in your bedroom, choose something more durable.
3. Cut the fabric according to measurements taken before cutting out any pieces that will be sewn together.
4. Sew the pieces of fabric together using either machine or hand sewing techniques, following the patterns that were traced onto the fabric before cutting out the pieces.
5. Hang your finished blanket on hooks or nails near where you plan to use it, and enjoy its warmth and comfort!
Tips for Making the Perfect Blanket
There’s nothing like a warm, soft blanket to snuggle up under on a cold winter night. But choosing the right blanket can be challenging. Here are a few tips for making the perfect throw blanket:
1. Consider your needs. A throw blanket is versatile and can be used in many different ways, so it’s important to choose one that will fit your needs. If you’re looking for something to use as a comfy bed cover, go for a lightweight option that can be easily tossed on the bed when you’re done using it. If you plan on using it as a place to sit or relax, choose a heavier fabric that will keep you warm all day long.
2. Consider size and shape. A throw blanket should be large enough to wrap around yourself comfortably but not so large that it takes up too much space or becomes unwieldy to transport. It should also have an asymmetrical shape so that it conforms to your body contours instead of being flat and rectangular like a regular quilt or comforter.
3. Think texture and color. A luxurious feel doesn’t always come with a high price tag – in fact, some of our favorite blankets are simple cotton throws with subtle textures like crochet or flannel yarns. And because everyone’s home decor looks different, don’t be afraid to experiment with color – there’s no wrong answer when it comes to picking the right blanket hue!
Throwing a throw blanket is an easy way to add extra warmth to any room in your home. Not only is it an affordable and sustainable way to improve the comfort of your spaces, but throwing a blanket can also help declutter your home by taking up less space. If you’re looking for an easy project that will make a big impact in your home, look no further than throwing a throw blanket!