No matter what time of year it is, there’s always a chill in the air. And with winter just around the corner, what better way to keep warm than with a fur throw blanket? If you’re looking to sew your own fur throw blanket, here are some tips to help you along the way. From selecting the right fabric to sewing tips for faux Fur, these will be sure to guide you through the process successfully.
What You’ll Need
To sew a fur throw blanket, you’ll need the following supplies:
-Fur (either real or faux)
-Fabric for the blanket
-Needle and thread
How to Sew Fur Throw Blanket
Creating a fur throw blanket is simple with the right tools and know-how. Follow these steps to sew a furry blanket:
1. Cut out the pieces of the blanket using your chosen pattern. You will need two pieces – one for the front and one for the back.
2. Sew the front and back pieces together using a straight stitch or zigzag stitch, depending on your machine’s tension. Leave a 1-inch gap at either end of the blanket so you can turn it right side out later on.
3. Turn the blanket inside out so that the raw edge of each piece is facing outwards. Now press down firmly along all four edges of the blanket with an iron to form a nice, crisp finish.
4. Grab some furry fabric and trim it to fit around both sides of your blanket, making sure to leave enough fabric overhang on both ends (this will be used to tie it off).
5. Now tie off one end of your trimmed fabric in a knot, then fold it in half so that it forms an ‘X’ shape. Push this folded end through one of the loops on one side of your furry fabric, then pull tight to knot off again (see picture below). Do this to each loop on both sides of your furry fabric (see picture below). This step creates a ‘rope’ style border around each edge of your fur throw blanket!
We hope you have enjoyed this tutorial on how to sew a fur throw blanket. We went over the basics of sewing with fur and showed you how to draft your own pattern, as well as tips for making sure your blanket will be both warm and stylish. If you want to make one of these blankets but don’t know where to start, be sure to check out our selection of fur throws and find the perfect one for your home. Thank you for reading!