What's in This Guide?
Blankets are one of the most versatile and indispensable pieces of clothing you’ll ever own. They can be used as a blanket, a Scarf, or a Sleep Sack. But how do you make your own throw blanket? It’s not as difficult as you might think. In this article, we will teach you how to make an easy throw blanket that is sure to keep you warm throughout the winter months. By following our simple steps, you’ll have a cozyblanket on hand in no time.
-Ruler or a straight edge
-Stiles (6 in. x 6 in.)
-Nail Gun/Paint or Stain of your choice
1. Begin by cutting the plywood to the desired size. Make sure that you have enough excess around all sides of the blanket so that you can easily fold it up when finished. The blanket shown in the image is 48 inches wide by 60 inches long.
2. Mark off each side of your plywood with a tape measure, then use a circular saw to cut out the pieces. Be sure to use a protective guard on your saw blade and be careful not to let the plywood fly into your eyes!
3. Next, use a ruler or a straight edge to mark where the stiles will go. Cut these pieces out using a coping saw and be sure to clean up any sawdust once finished.
4. Nail or screw the stiles into place at each end of the plywood panel, then attach the panel to one side of your throw pillow with screws or nails (see image). Repeat on the other side of the pillow. Be sure to leave enough space at either end of the panel so that you can fold it up for storage!
How to make the blanket
There are a few things you’ll need to make this throw blanket: an “O” shaped piece of fabric (approximately 28 inches wide by 58 inches long), a needle and thread, and a blanket pin.
1. Begin by cutting the “O” shape out of your fabric. Make sure the length is correct so that it covers your desired area on the ground.
2. Now, using a needle and thread, stitch the top of the “O” shut. This will create the looped edge for your blanket.
3. To create the tassels, take one end of each yarn strand and tie them together in a knot about 18 inches from the end. Then, take each strand and pull it through the hole created in step one, making sure to keep the knot close to the material (you don’t want it coming off). Once you have all four strands through, tuck them behind the fabric loop on either side (see photo).
4. Take both ends of each yarn strand again and tie them together in another knot about 8 inches from where they entered before (see photo). Now, twist these two knots around each other until they form a ‘U’ shape (see photo). Finally, tuck these ends behind the fabric loop on either side.
Tips for making a perfect throw blanket
Here are some tips for making a perfect throw blanket:
1. Choose a fabric that is soft and comfortable to the touch.
2. Cut the fabric into a desired size and shape.
3. Sew the fabric together using a straight stitch or zigzag stitch.
4. Drape the blanket over your shoulders and tie it in a knot at the bottom to secure it.
As the weather starts to get colder, many of us will be looking for ways to keep ourselves warm. One easy way to do this is by making a throw blanket. This project is fairly simple and can be completed in just a few hours, so you can have your very own snuggly blanket ready to use soon. If you want to make sure your blanket is extra warm and cozy, add some extra fabric layers or wool before you sew it all together. Happy crafting!