Do you love colorful throws but hate spending hours trying to dye them on your own? Or maybe you’ve been wanting to dye a throw for years but haven’t had the time or know-how? Well, no problem! In this blog post, we will teach you how to dye a throw blanket in just a few easy steps.
-Wool or fleece blanket
-Ruler or measuring tape
-Blue or other color dye
-Empty spray bottle
How to Dye A Throw Blanket
If you’re looking for a fun and easy way to add some color to your home, then you should dye a throw blanket! This project is simple enough for anyone to do, and it can be done in just a few hours. All you need are some supplies and some dye. Here’s how to do it:
1. Start by preparing your blanket by cutting it into the desired size. If you want a smaller blanket, cut it into thirds or quarters; if you want a larger blanket, cut it into half or full sizes.
2. Next, wash the blanket in cool water with soap before drying it off. Make sure that all of the excess water is removed so that your blanket will be able to dye evenly.
3. In a large bowl or container, mix together 2 cups of warm water and 1 tablespoon of any colorant (dyes) of your choice. You can use any kind of liquid dye that will adhere to fabric, like acrylic paint or fabric paint remover fluid. Do not use chlorine bleach or other harsh chemicals – these will damage the fabric!
4. Soak the blanket in this mixture for 30 minutes, then wring out the excess water completely with a clean cloth or towel. Make sure that all of the fabric is saturated with the dye – if not, dunk the fabric piece in again until it is covered.
5. Place the dyed piece of fabric on a flat surface like an old pillowcase
Tips for Great Results
1. Start with a pre-washed and dried throw blanket.
2. Use a non-toxic, water soluble dye like Rit Dye in a cool, dark place.
3. Follow the dye instructions on the package carefully and be patient!
4. Allow the dye to dry completely before washing in hot water and detergent.
5. Hang to dry or use a hairdryer on low heat to speed up the process.
6. Enjoy your new colorful throw blanket!