What's in This Guide?
If you have a mattress topper that’s been peed on, don’t despair. With a little elbow grease and the right cleaners, you can get the stain out. First, blot up as much of the urine as you can with a clean cloth.
Then, mix up a solution of one part water to one part white vinegar. Using a sponge, apply the mixture to the stain and let it sit for 10 minutes. After that, blot the area again with a clean cloth to remove any residual cleaner.
Finally, sprinkle some baking soda on the spot and vacuum it up after 15 minutes.
- First, remove the mattress topper from the bed and take it outside
- Lay the mattress topper on a flat surface and hose it down with water
- Use a mild soap or detergent to scrub any remaining stains
- Rinse the mattress topper thoroughly with clean water and allow it to air dry completely before putting it back on the bed
How Do You Get Pee Stains Out of a Memory Foam Mattress?
If you’re unlucky enough to have a memory foam mattress that’s been peed on, there are a few things you can do to try and clean it up. First, blot the area with a clean cloth or paper towel to remove as much urine as possible. Next, mix together a solution of one part water and one part vinegar and apply it to the stain using a spray bottle or cloth.
Let the mixture sit for about 15 minutes before blotting it up with another clean cloth. If the stain is still visible, you can try repeating this process or using a stronger cleaning solution (like dish soap or laundry detergent) mixed with water. Finally, be sure to rinse the area well with clean water to remove any residual cleaning solutions that could cause irritation or damage your mattress.
Can You Clean a Mattress After Pee?
It’s inevitable- at some point, your child is going to have an accident in their bed. Whether it’s just a small spill or full-on flooding, you’re going to need to know how to clean a mattress after pee.
Here are the steps you’ll need to take:
1. Blot up as much liquid as possible with towels. The sooner you can get to this step, the better. The longer urine sits on a mattress, the harder it will be to remove the stain and odor.
2. Make a cleaning solution of one part white vinegar and two parts water. Apply this directly to the stain using a clean cloth or sponge and blot until the area is saturated. Let it sit for several minutes before moving on to step three.
3. Using cool water, rinse away the vinegar solution completely and blot dry once again with towels. If there is still a lingering odor, you can sprinkle baking soda over the area and let it sit for 15-20 minutes before vacuuming it up thoroughly.
Does Urine Ruin Memory Foam?
Urine can ruin memory foam by causing it to break down and become less supportive. The foam will start to yellow and smell bad, and it may even start to disintegrate. If you have a spill, it’s best to clean it up right away with soap and water.
You may also want to consider using a mattress protector to keep your mattress in good condition.
How to Clean Pee Off a Memory Foam Mattress
We’ve all been there – you wake up in the middle of the night to find that your child has wet the bed. Or, your pet decides to use your mattress as a bathroom. Either way, you’re now left with a mattress topper that is soaked in urine.
Here’s how to clean it so that you can get back to sleep!
Add 1/2 cup of baking soda and 1/4 cup of white vinegar to the water and stir until dissolved. Let the mattress topper soak for 30 minutes, then drain the tub and rinse thoroughly with cold water. Next, blot any remaining moisture from the mattress topper with a clean towel.
Finally, place the mattress topper in direct sunlight or in front of a fan until completely dry before placing it back on the bed.