What's in This Guide?
Bed is supposed to be a place of rest and relaxation, but for too many people, it’s also a place where they suffer from chronic pain. That’s why adding a throw blanket to your bed is such an important idea. Not only will it help reduce lower back pain, but it can also help you get a good night’s sleep. And if you’re one of those people who struggles to get a good night’s sleep because of pain, read on for some tips on how to add throw blanket to bed.
What is a throw blanket?
A throw blanket is a large, heavy bed cover made of fabric or fleece. It is often used as a sleeping surface on the floor or in a chair. Throws are often adorned with decorative pillows, which can add personality and warmth to the room. A throw blanket can also be used as a place to store clothes, shoes, and other belongings when not in use.
How to make a throw blanket
If you’re looking for a cozy place to curl up with a good book or film, adding a throw blanket to your bed is the perfect solution. Here’s how to make one:
1. Decide the size and shape of your blanket. You can make it any shape you like, but rectangular blankets are easiest to store and transport. A good rule of thumb is that the blanket should be about twice as long as it is wide.
2. Cut your fabric according to the dimensions you chose in step one. Make sure the fabric is smooth and wrinkle-free before starting to sew!
3. Sew your fabric together along the longest edge, leaving a generous opening at one end so you can turn it right side out.
4. Pin your fabric closed along one long edge, then use a seam ripper (or scissors) to remove all of the pins. Turn your blanket inside out so that the sewn side is facing outwards and press down firmly on the seams to release any excess stitches.
5. Hand-sew the opening closed using a slip stitch or yarn needle, then turn your blanket back right side out again and line it up so that the sewn end matches up perfectly with the opposite end of your original rectangle of fabric. Finish off by sewing up any unsewn edges using a slip stitch or yarn needle…and voila – your very own throw blanket!
What are the benefits of using a throw blanket?
A throw blanket is a versatile addition to any bedroom. Not only can it be used as a soft, comfortable place to rest your head at night, but it can also be used to keep you warm on cool nights. Here are the benefits of using a throw blanket:
1. It’s A Soft Place To Rest Your Head At Night: A throw blanket is incredibly soft and comfortable to rest your head on. Whether you’re trying to get some extra sleep or just want something to stay warm while you’re lying in bed, a throw blanket is a great option.
2. It Keeps You Warm On Cool Nights: If you live in a colder climate, using a throw blanket can help keep you warm on cool nights. By keeping your body heat inside of the blanket, you’ll be able to stay comfortable even when the temperature outside dips below freezing.
3. It’s Versatile: A throw blanket can be used for so many different things in your bedroom. From using it as extra sleeping space during cold months, to covering up furniture when it’s not needed, a throw blanket has endless possibilities.
Throw blankets are a great way to increase the comfort level of your bed. They can be used in a variety of ways, from adding warmth on cold days to making it more comfortable to sleep when you don’t have any sheets or blankets. What’s even better is that throw blankets are affordable and easy to find, so there is no excuse not to add one to your bedroom!