What's in This Guide?
- 1 What is a Queen Throw Blanket?
- 2 How to make a Queen Throw Blanket
- 3 What are the materials needed to make a Queen Throw Blanket?
- 4 How to crochet a Queen Throw Blanket
- 5 How to knit a Queen Throw Blanket
- 6 What are the dimensions of a Queen Throw Blanket?
- 7 How to care for a Queen Throw Blanket
- 8 Conclusion
Throw blankets are one of the most popular pieces of bedding in the world. They’re cozy, they’re soft, and they can brighten up any room in your house. In fact, they’re so popular that you may not even realize just how big a queen throw blanket is. At a whopping 78 inches by 36 inches, a queen throw blanket is sizable. And if you have a large enough bed, chances are you won’t be able to fit it anywhere else in your home. So if you’re in the market for a new throw blanket, be sure to measure your bed first! Otherwise, you may end up with a large bill at the tailors.
What is a Queen Throw Blanket?
A queen throw blanket is a large and thick blanket that is typically used as a bedspread or coverlet. It is approximately two feet wide by three feet long, and it is made from a heavy cotton cloth. A queen throw blanket can be filled with hundreds of pounds of down, so it is very comfortable to sleep on.
How to make a Queen Throw Blanket
Looking for an easy and fun way to keep you warm this winter? Why not make a Queen Throw Blanket! This project is simple enough for just about anyone to do, and it’s sure to bring a little bit of cheer into your home.
To make your own Queen Throw Blanket, you will need the following supplies:
A queen-size blanket (or any blanket that is approximately 60 inches by 80 inches)
Pins or safety pins
Step One: Begin by cutting the blanket into a square shape. Make sure that the corners are cut evenly so that the blanket will be even when it is finished. You can also try to cut the blanket into any other shape that you like, but be sure to keep the size consistent throughout. Once your blanket has been cut into a square, begin sewing the sides of the square together. You will want to sew each side of the square together until they meet in the middle. Then, turn the blanket inside out so that it looks like one big rectangle. Sewing through all four sides should do the trick! Now, turn your blanket right-side out again and give it a final look of approval before putting pins or safety pins in every corner to hold it in place.
What are the materials needed to make a Queen Throw Blanket?
-Queen sized throw blanket
-Wool yarn in various colors (light blue, dark blue, navy, green, yellow)
-Crochet hook size G/6.00mm or size needed to obtain the correct gauge
-Button or other ornament for center of blanket (optional)
How to crochet a Queen Throw Blanket
Crocheting a Queen Throw Blanket can be a fun and relaxing activity, perfect for using up scraps of yarn. This project is made using the basic crochet stitches, so it is easy to learn.
To make the throw blanket, you will need the following materials:
– Worsted weight yarn in colors of your choice (I used three colors)
– Size H crochet hook
– Stitch markers
– Tapestry needle
To start, chain 36 (or whatever size you want your blanket to be). You will also need to add an extra 10 chains for the edging. This will give you a total of 44 chains. You should now turn your work so that the wrong side is facing out and begin working in the round; do not join your rounds at this point. The first stitch you will make is into the third chain from the hook (this counts as your first DC), then chain 2 and make another DC into the same stitch (3 DCs). Next, make HDC into each of the next 3 stitches, then SC into each of the next 3 stitches (6 SCs). Chain 2 again and make another DC into the next stitch (7 DCs). Make sure that your rounds are moving around without joining them yet; continue working in this way until you reach the end of your chain. Here, switch to color A and make SC into each of the next 7 stitches (14 SCs). Make sure that you are still working
How to knit a Queen Throw Blanket
Knitting a Queen Throw Blanket
If you’re looking to knit yourself a cozy throw blanket, the queen size is the right size. This blanket is approximately 66 by 88 inches (170 by 220 cm). However, keep in mind that the finished dimensions will vary depending on your knitting tension and needle size.
To make a queen-sized throw, you’ll need:
One skein of DK weight yarn in black
One skein of DK weight yarn in light pink
One skein of DK weight yarn in medium blue
One skein of DK weight yarn in dark purple
Size G/6 (4mm) crochet hook
Thread for sewing (sewing needle and thread if desired)
1. Cast on 168 stitches. Place stitch marker to mark beginning of row. Knit every row until blanket measures 68 inches from cast on edge.
2. Change to larger crochet hook and begin working rounds in hdc = half double crochet pattern. Rounds 1-8: Hdc around; join with sl st in first hdc made (=first round). Round 9: Ch 3, dc 2 around; join with sl st in top of ch 3 (=3rd round). Rnd 10: Ch 3, *skip next 2 sts, dc 2 around; join with slst in top of ch 3* ; rep from * to * twice more (=6 rounds). Rnd 11:
What are the dimensions of a Queen Throw Blanket?
Queen throw blankets are typically between 60 and 70 inches wide, 30 and 40 inches deep, and 20 to 22 inches long.
How to care for a Queen Throw Blanket
When it comes to bed throws, the Queen Throw Blanket is a heavyweight contender. This soft, cozy blanket is big enough to cover a queen-sized bed, and its generous size makes it perfect for snuggling up with a loved one. Follow these simple tips to care for your Queen Throw Blanket so that it lasts long and keeps you warm:
1. Keep your Queen Throw Blanket in a dry place away from direct sunlight or heat sources.
2. Avoid placing items on top of your Queen Throw Blanket that could snag or fray the fabric.
3. If you do get stains on your Queen Throw Blanket, use a mild laundry detergent and cold water to clean it carefully. Do not use hot water or harsh detergents as they could damage the blanket’s fibers.
4. When the time comes to wash your Queen Throw Blanket,Machine wash on cold with like colors and tumble dry low for best results
If you’re like most of us, you love to curl up with a good book or movie on a cold winter night. But what about when the weather outside is just too hot? You can’t really go anywhere without getting sweaty and uncomfortable, so how do you stay cozied up indoors while still cooling off? One solution might be to invest in a queen throw blanket. These blankets are large enough to cover your entire sleeping area, and they are made from high-quality materials that will keep you comfortable all night long. If you’re thinking about buying one of these blankets, be sure to read our review first to make sure that it is the right size for you and that it features the features you need.