What's in This Guide?
- 1 Can You Dry an Electric Blanket
- 2 Can You Put an Electric Blanket in the Dryer?
- 3 What Happens If You Wash an Electric Blanket?
- 4 Does Washing a Heated Blanket Ruin It?
- 5 How Do You Wash a Heated Blanket in the Washing Machine?
- 6 How to Wash an Electric Blanket Safely | Clean With Confidence
- 7 Conclusion
An electric blanket can be a great way to stay warm during the colder months. But can you wash an electric blanket? The answer is yes, but there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
First, make sure to read the care instructions that come with your blanket. Some blankets cannot be machine washed, so you will need to hand wash them instead. Second, always use a mild detergent and cold water when washing your blanket.
Hot water can damage the heating elements in the blanket. And finally, make sure the blanket is completely dry before using it again.
- Unplug the electric blanket and remove any detachable cords or controllers
- Fold the electric blanket in half and then in half again so that it forms a rectangle
- Place the electric blanket in the washing machine on the delicate cycle with cold water and a mild detergent
- Allow the electric blanket to air dry completely before using it again or storing it away
Can You Dry an Electric Blanket
Most electric blankets have a removable control unit with a built-in thermostat and an automatic shut-off feature. The heating element is usually located between the top and bottom layers of fabric. Electric blankets are available in twin, full, queen, and king sizes.
Yes, you can dry an electric blanket. First, check the care label on your blanket for drying instructions. If the label does not specify how to dry the blanket, follow these tips:
• Remove the control unit from the blanket before drying. • Set your dryer to the lowest heat setting and put the blanket in alone (do not put other clothing in the dryer with it). You may need to run the cycle more than once to completely dry the blanket.
• Once the blanket is dry, reattach the control unit and store it in a cool, dry place until you are ready to use it again.
Can You Put an Electric Blanket in the Dryer?
Yes, you can put an electric blanket in the dryer. However, you should use a low heat setting and avoid using any type of fabric softener. Additionally, it’s a good idea to remove the electric blanket from the dryer while it’s still slightly damp to prevent wrinkles.
What Happens If You Wash an Electric Blanket?
If you wash an electric blanket, the heating coils could break and the wires could become frayed. This would create a fire hazard. It is recommended that you spot clean your electric blanket with soapy water and a damp cloth.
Does Washing a Heated Blanket Ruin It?
No, washing a heated blanket does not ruin it. In fact, it is recommended that you wash your heated blanket at least once a year to keep it clean and free of any built-up dirt or debris. Additionally, if your heated blanket starts to smell bad or look dirty, then washing it is the best way to clean it.
How Do You Wash a Heated Blanket in the Washing Machine?
If you have a heated blanket that is made of washable material, you can follow these instructions to clean it in the washing machine. First, remove any controller or cords from the blanket. Then, place the blanket in the washer on a delicate cycle using cold water and a mild detergent.
After the cycle is finished, hang the blanket to dry or place it in the dryer on a low heat setting.
How to Wash an Electric Blanket Safely | Clean With Confidence
If you’ve ever wondered whether it’s safe to wash your electric blanket, the answer is yes! You can machine-wash and dry most electric blankets, as long as they’re not quilted or have a cotton filling. Just be sure to use the gentle cycle and cool water, and don’t forget to unplug the blanket before you start.