What's in This Guide?
You can put your electric blanket in the dryer, but you need to be careful. The heat from the dryer can damage the wires in your electric blanket and make it less safe to use. If you put your electric blanket in the dryer on a low setting, it should be fine.
- Read the care instructions that came with your electric blanket
- Some brands cannot be put in the dryer
- Set your dryer to the lowest heat setting possible
- Place your electric blanket in the dryer along with a couple of towels
- Dry on low for about 30 minutes
- Remove and check for any remaining moisture
- If still wet, continue drying on low in 15 minute increments until completely dry
How to Clean an Electric Blanket by Hand
Assuming you don’t have a top-loading washing machine, the best way to clean an electric blanket is by hand. Here are some tips on how to do so:
1. Fill a bathtub or large sink with lukewarm water and add a mild detergent.
Swish it around to create suds. 2. Submerge the electric blanket in the soapy water and let it soak for about 15 minutes. 3. Use your hands to gently massage the fabric and work the soap through the fibers.
Be careful not to agitate it too much, as this can damage the wires inside.
5. Hang the electric blanket up to dry, or lay it flat on a towel in a well-ventilated area out of direct sunlight.
Can You Put an Electric Blanket in the Washer And Dryer?
You can put an electric blanket in the washer and dryer, but you need to take a few precautions. First, make sure that the blanket is completely dry before putting it in the dryer. Wet blankets can damage the heating elements in the dryer.
Second, use a low heat setting on the dryer to avoid damaging the blanket.
What Happens If You Put a Heated Blanket in the Dryer?
If you put a heated blanket in the dryer, it will cause the wires inside the blanket to break. This can be a fire hazard and is not recommended.
How to Wash an Electric Blanket Safely | Clean With Confidence
If you’re wondering whether it’s safe to put your electric blanket in the dryer, the answer is yes! You can absolutely put an electric blanket in the dryer. In fact, it’s a good idea to do so every now and then to help keep the blanket clean and free of any built-up dirt or dust.
Just be sure to use a low heat setting and remove the blanket from the dryer as soon as it’s finished drying.