It can be tough to keep your home tidy, but trying to keep a throw blanket clean may be even harder. After all, a throw blanket is meant to be cuddled up on the couch and not regularly picked up and tossed into a pile on the floor. But don’t worry; with a little effort, you can dry clean a throw blanket without any problems. Read on for instructions on how to do just that.
What is a throw blanket?
Throw blankets are perfect for keeping you warm on a cold day. They are also great for adding a touch of personality to any room. Throw blankets can be machine washed in the gentle cycle with like colors, but they cannot be dried in the dryer.
How to dry clean a throw blanket
How to Dry Clean a Throw Blanket
If you need to dry clean a throw blanket, follow these simple steps:
1. Remove the throw blanket from the fabric.
2. Place it on a flat surface.
3. Fill a tub or container with lukewarm water and mild detergent.
4. Soak the blanket for 10 minutes.
5. Remove the blanket from the water and place it in a mesh bag.
6. Hang the bag of blanket in the air to dry completely (preferably in sunlight).
While it’s definitely not necessary, it is possible to dry clean a throw blanket. To do this, you’ll need to wash the blanket in cold water and then Hang or Line Dry it. Make sure to read the care instructions for the particular throw blanket you’re using before starting this process.