What's in This Guide?
- 1 How to Clean Electric Blanket Without Washing
- 2 What Happens If You Wash an Electric Blanket?
- 3 How Do You Wash a Heated Blanket Without Ruining It?
- 4 Can I Put an Electric Blanket in the Dryer?
- 5 How Do You Deep Clean an Electric Blanket?
- 6 How to Wash an Electric Blanket Safely | Clean With Confidence
- 7 Conclusion
Most electric blankets have a removable cover that can be machine-washed, but always check your manufacturer’s instructions before washing to be on the safe side. If your electric blanket doesn’t have a removable cover, spot clean it with a damp cloth as needed. To wash an electric blanket with a removable cover, start by unplugging the blanket and taking off any detachable parts.
- Before washing your electric blanket, check the manufacturer’s care label for specific instructions
- Set your washing machine to the delicate or gentle cycle, using cold water
- Add a mild detergent to the wash water
- Wash your electric blanket alone or with other items of similar fabric and color
- Once the cycle is complete, remove your electric blanket from the washer and shake it out to loosen any wrinkles
- Hang your electric blanket over a clothesline or drying rack, out of direct sunlight, until completely dry
How to Clean Electric Blanket Without Washing
An electric blanket can be a great way to stay warm during colder months. However, over time, electric blankets can become dirty and stained. If you don’t want to wash your electric blanket, there are some other ways to clean it.
First, vacuum your electric blanket with the upholstery attachment on your vacuum cleaner. This will help remove any dirt and dust that has accumulated on the blanket.
Be sure to blot the stain, rather than rubbing it, as this can cause the stain to spread. Once the stains are gone, you can freshen up your electric blanket by spraying it with a fabric refresher or lightly misting it with water. Allow the refresher or water to dry completely before using the blanket again.
What Happens If You Wash an Electric Blanket?
If you wash an electric blanket, the water could damage the wiring and cause a short circuit. This could start a fire, so it’s important to be very careful. Unplug the blanket and make sure it is completely dry before using it again.
How Do You Wash a Heated Blanket Without Ruining It?
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t think much about how to wash a heated blanket. After all, it’s just a blanket, right? Wrong!
Heated blankets are made with special materials and heating elements that require extra care when cleaning. Follow these simple tips and you’ll be able to keep your heated blanket looking and working like new. First, check the manufacturer’s instructions.
Some brands of heated blankets have specific care instructions that must be followed in order to avoid damage or voiding the warranty. If possible, always wash your heated blanket on the delicate cycle using cold water and a mild detergent designed for sensitive skin. Avoid bleach or fabric softeners as these can damage the heating elements or coatings on the wires.
If your washing machine doesn’t have a delicate cycle, hand washing is always an option. Fill a sink or tub with cool water and add a small amount of mild detergent. Soak the heated blanket for 10-15 minutes before gently scrubbing any soiled areas with a soft brush or cloth.
Rinse thoroughly and squeeze out excess water before hanging the blanket up to dry completely (away from direct sunlight). Never put a wet heated blanket in the dryer as this could cause irreversible damage. With just a little bit of extra care, you can keep your heated blanket looking and working like new for years to come!
Can I Put an Electric Blanket in the Dryer?
If you’re wondering whether it’s okay to put your electric blanket in the dryer, the answer is yes! You can absolutely put an electric blanket in the dryer. In fact, doing so is actually a great way to help keep your electric blanket clean and in good condition.
Just be sure to use the low heat setting on your dryer and don’t overdry the blanket. Also, if your electric blanket has a detachable cord, be sure to remove it before putting the blanket in the dryer.
How Do You Deep Clean an Electric Blanket?
Electric blankets are a great way to stay warm in the winter, but they can be difficult to clean. Here are some tips on how to deep clean an electric blanket: 1. First, remove the electric blanket from the bed and shake it out to remove any loose dirt or debris.
2. Next, vacuum the blanket using the upholstery attachment on your vacuum cleaner. Be sure to go over the entire surface of the blanket, paying special attention to areas that may be more prone to dirt and grime build-up such as seams and folds. 3. Once you’ve vacuumed the blanket, spot clean any areas that appear particularly dirty or stained using a mild detergent and a damp cloth.
Rub the cloth gently in circular motions over the affected area until the stain is removed. 4. To give your electric blanket a thorough cleaning, wash it in your washing machine using cold water and a mild laundry detergent designed for delicate fabrics. Avoid washing it with other items of clothing as this could damage both items in the wash cycle.
If your washing machine has an extra rinse cycle option, select this for best results. 5. After washing, dry your electric blanket thoroughly by tumble drying on low heat or air drying if possible. Never put an electric blanket away wet as this could lead to mold growth which would be very difficult to remove later on down the line!
How to Wash an Electric Blanket Safely | Clean With Confidence
Yes, you can wash your electric blanket! Just unplug it and remove any detachable parts, then machine-wash it on a delicate cycle with cold water. Hang it to dry or tumble-dry on low heat.