What's in This Guide?
If you have an electric blanket, you might be wondering if it’s okay to wash it. The answer is yes, but there are a few things you need to keep in mind. First, make sure that your blanket is unplugged and completely cooled down before washing it.
Second, use cool water and a gentle detergent—don’t put it in the dryer until it’s completely dry. Finally, don’t forget to read the care instructions that came with your blanket; some blankets can be washed in the machine while others need to be hand-washed.
- Unplug the electric blanket and remove any detachable parts
- Place the electric blanket in your washing machine
- Add a small amount of mild detergent and set the machine to a delicate cycle
- If your washing machine has a water temperature selection, choose warm or cold water
- Hot water can damage the fabric of an electric blanket
- After the cycle is complete, remove the electric blanket from the washing machine and shake it out to loosen any wrinkles
- Hang the electric blanket over a clothesline or drying rack to air-dry, or place it in your dryer on a low-heat setting
How to Remove Cord from Electric Blanket to Wash
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t think much about washing your electric blanket. But if you want to keep it in good condition, it’s important to clean it regularly. Here’s how to remove the cord from an electric blanket so you can wash it:
1. Unplug the blanket and remove any batteries. 2. Find the two metal tabs at the end of the cord. These are usually located near the plugs.
3. Use a flathead screwdriver or a similar tool to pry up each tab until they’re released from their slots in the cord casing. 4. Carefully pull the cord out of its casing, being careful not to damage either one in the process. If necessary, use a sharp knife to cut through any stubborn knots or tangles in the cord before removing it completely.
5. Once the cord is removed, you can proceed with washing your electric blanket according to its care instructions (most can be machine-washed on a gentle cycle).
What Happens If You Wash an Electric Blanket?
An electric blanket is a bedding product that uses electricity to heat up. It typically has a controller with different settings to regulate the level of warmth. Many people use electric blankets for extra warmth on cold nights or when they have arthritis or other conditions that cause pain in their joints.
If you wash an electric blanket, it will void the warranty and may damage the heating elements. In order to clean an electric blanket, it is recommended that you spot clean it with a damp cloth or sponge. You should never put an electric blanket in the washing machine or dryer because this can damage the heating elements and wiring.
Can I Put an Electric Blanket in the Dryer?
If you’re wondering if you can put your electric blanket in the dryer, the answer is yes! However, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, make sure that your electric blanket is made of materials that can withstand high temperatures.
Some electric blankets are made with delicate materials that can shrink or be damaged by intense heat. Second, use the lowest setting on your dryer to avoid damaging the fabric or overheating the wires. Finally, don’t forget to unplug your electric blanket before putting it in the dryer!
Does Washing a Heated Blanket Ruin It?
When it comes to washing a heated blanket, there are a few things you need to keep in mind in order to avoid ruining it. First, you should always check the care label before washing any type of blanket, heated or not. This will give you the best information on how to wash and dry your particular blanket.
Generally speaking, most heated blankets can be machine washed on a gentle or delicate cycle in cold water with mild detergent. You may also want to consider using a laundry bag designed for delicates in order to protect the heating wires from getting tangled or damaged during the wash cycle. After washing, it is important that you dry your heated blanket on low heat or no heat at all; hanging it up to air dry is also an option.
By following these simple tips, you can avoid ruining your heated blanket and enjoy its warmth and comfort for many years to come!
How to Wash an Electric Blanket Safely | Clean With Confidence
If you’re wondering whether it’s okay to wash your electric blanket, the answer is yes! Just be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Most electric blankets can be washed in cool water on the gentle cycle and then tumble dried on low heat.
If your blanket has a heating element, make sure it is unplugged before washing.